I had a very peaceful day yesterday at Laguna Verde, the crater lake on the outskirts of Apaneca. Started the day with a stinking hangover after going out with Elena and her mates drinking til all hours of the morning, but luckily I only had a tiny distance to cycle, although pushing Peggy up the 3km of the steep rocky slope to get to the Laguna Verde Guest house was enough of an effort to mean I´d sweated all the alcohol out by the top! It was completely worth it though, becuase the views up there were stunning. As I set my tent up on the wooden platform mirador next to the dorm building last night there was the most dramatic sunset, and it was a beautiful start to the day this morning to be able to unzip the tent and gaze out across the mountains towards the mist shrouded coast.
Monday, 19 April 2010
Laguna Verde, Apaneca
I had a very peaceful day yesterday at Laguna Verde, the crater lake on the outskirts of Apaneca. Started the day with a stinking hangover after going out with Elena and her mates drinking til all hours of the morning, but luckily I only had a tiny distance to cycle, although pushing Peggy up the 3km of the steep rocky slope to get to the Laguna Verde Guest house was enough of an effort to mean I´d sweated all the alcohol out by the top! It was completely worth it though, becuase the views up there were stunning. As I set my tent up on the wooden platform mirador next to the dorm building last night there was the most dramatic sunset, and it was a beautiful start to the day this morning to be able to unzip the tent and gaze out across the mountains towards the mist shrouded coast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
beautiful photos
ReplyDeleteand a nice drawing too, must have taken a while.
are you ok, Kimmie? it has been a while.....
ReplyDeletegood good, just been offline painting by the beach the last month... but am in the process of adding new pics right now, don`t a worry yer wee self (: x
ReplyDeletesounds lovely, look forward to seeing the pics
ReplyDelete